Miss NC Teen USA
Gabby Ortega of Cary, NC is Miss North Carolina Teen USA. A junior at Green Hope High School, she enjoys coursework in astronomy and her ultimate goal is to pursue a career in astrobiology with NASA.
Gabby loves to stay active through ballroom dancing and by playing competitive tennis. She is a member of her high school varsity tennis team which has won numerous state championships. Gabby recently had the opportunity to complete an internship at her ballroom studio learning diverse teaching patterns, the company business model, and effective communication strategies. She aspires to one day open her own studio and change peoples lives through dance.
Gabby advocates for human trafficking awareness and is the founder and president of a human trafficking awareness club at her school. She teaches a curriculum to her peers and is a trained volunteer for an organization committed to the mission of ending human trafficking. She aims to use the title of Miss North Carolina Teen USA to educate and empower the youth to stay safe as they recognize the warning signs for victims and report possible victimization.
- Helped pass a law in NC that financially compensates victims in human trafficking cases, the VOCA Fix Act during a summer internship.
- I made the front cover of a NY Times bestseller book for curly hair authored by Lorraine Massey.
- I ranked in the top 100 for the state of NC in tennis.
- I played the violin for the triangle youth philharmonic symphony for 2 years.
- I became a professional ballroom instructor at 15 years old.
- I am a chapter leader and official spokesperson for Youth4Abolition.
We are accepting applications NOW for the upcoming competition early next year! There is no experience necessary! Anyone ages 14-27 are welcome to apply! Use the APPLY button below to submit your application. There is no fee or obligation to apply!Apply now